Freeborn & Liberty
Feb 05, 2021
Here's what this show is:
- It’s a critique of Critical Theory and it’s pervasiveness in higher education. We’re going to do this in two ways:
a. First, through interviews with scholars, theologians and thought leaders
b. Secondly, through interviews with professionals and students in higher education that have experienced cancel culture for voicing views that do not align with the claims of Critical Theory.
- Designed to educate and provide a deeper understanding of the implications of the theory
- I hold a Christian conservative worldview. I believe the ideology of Critical Theory is antithetical to the gospel. Logic, scientific facts and philosophy are key pieces to exploring this fully. Many guests will share my worldview, some will not. We are united in realizing the dangers of this narrative and are working to counter it and provide insight into how we can become informed contributors in the dialogue.
- Higher Ed professionals shouldn’t have to decide between their livelihood and voicing an opinion (or in many cases, standing firm in their religious beliefs). Students shouldn’t have to play the game to make the grade. And we, as Americans, should not accept that this radical ideology is something that we must subscribe to.
Here’s what this show is not:
- Freeborn & Liberty is not anti-higher ed.
- This Is not a Christian Nationalist podcast. America, or any political party for that matter, is not the means through which God’s Kingdom is realized. Jesus Christ is the one way to eternal life in God’s Kingdom.
- We aren’t trying to silence anyone. This is not about the humans that are championing the movement or those that are advocates. We simply reject that this radical ideology is being imposed on society, largely through means of the academe.
Go to freebornandliberty.com to subscribe to the show and sign up for our weekly e-newsletter, The NonConformist.
Episode one drops on March 2.